Wednesday, May 6, 2009

zoo days

I've just started back to my job (only 17 days left with kids!) and have already had a headache because of it...every day. Of course, yesterday and today were spent at the zoo. Yesterday it rained. And rained. And then.... it rained some more. Needlesss to say, by the end of the day, we were wet. We were wet, and I was sore! No, not from walking. I did do some walking over my 10 weeks at home. Sore from carrying around a 20 pound (that could be an exageration) backpack stuffed to the top with my breast pump motor (I detatched it from the pump bag) bottles, and all the fun accessories. Plus my umbrella, snacks, keys, and freezer bag to keep the yummy milk cold. Before the trip I was a little nervous that I would have to sit in a dirty bathroom on a toilet or floor and pump using my oh so powerful battery pack. However, the Sedgwick County Zoo staff was amazing in being super accomodative. I went to the Cargill Learning Center and asked the nice ladies at the desk if they had a place I could pump. I fully expected a weird look or "what do you mean by pump?". Instead they grinned and said they had a place just for that. Apparently a couple of their employees are also in need of a "pump room" right now, so they turned their library resource room into their own personal lactation room. SWEET! Way better than what I thought I'd get.
Today's trip was sunny and warm and came with a slight sun burn. To me this means summer is in sight. Hallelujah!
So after 2 long days of walking around the zoo for 4 hours, I'm off to sweetly ask my loving husband for a massage.

Thankful
  1. my children
  2. my husband
  3. comfy shoes
  4. the sunshine
  5. cookies

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to pump in peace! I had a good feeling they would be helpful. Sending you love, mama bear!