Friday, February 17, 2012

off with her hair!

Yesterday morning I was mad at my hair. For those of you who don't know me, I have really thick hair. And when I say really thick hair, I mean REALLY thick hair. Even after getting my hair thinned its thicker than most peoples hair.
Sounds great right? Yeah, unless you want to actually style your long hair. My hair was to the point (that it gets to every few years) when it was too heavy to stay curled, and when I did get it all curly, it was so big that it ended up in a pony tail anyhow. When I straighten it, it looks boring and it goes in a pony tail. When I'm in a hurry, it goes in a wet pony tail. Basically, my hair was always in a pony tail. What's the point of having long hair if you don't every show it off? Answer: there is no point, so off it went!
Here are some pictures of before.

My usual in a pony tail look.
And the way it looks when I leave it down (though this was after removing the pony tail).

And now.... are you ready?






I love it! This is basically what I do every year or so. I grow my hair out, get sick of it after I remember why I cut if off the last time, and then I cut it off again. Pretty sure I lost 2 pounds getting it cut last night. The pile of hair was about 6 inches high after my super awesome friend/hair dresser swept it up.

So what do you think? Does it make me look older? younger? thinner? (please say thinner!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute!

Danielle Stacy said...

I Love it!! You look soo different! But in a good way!

Sarah said...

do the same thing!! my hair is super thick and crazy curly. I always grow it out because i want to do cute stuff with it then it ends up in a ponytail everyday and ends up short like yours. cute

BlueRose said...

I can't say you look thinner as you are too skinny as it is. But you do look so much more like mom, or even cousin Janet in those pics. I do like it though. I should probably cut mine again soon too.

Love ya!