And below is what they looked like after my family got ahold of them.
Quick Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (I would only add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency)
- For the filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture over the bottom of a 9x9 pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingreidants (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt).
- Cut in softened butter (I used my hands).
- Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough.
- Roll up the rectangle going across the short side so that you have a long log. With a sharp knife slice into 18 small rolls (12 if you want them a little bigger which is what I did).
- Bake for 20-25 min at 400°F.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth
11. Once rolls are finished, drizzle on glaze and serve warm.