- getting to sleep in my own bed tonight
- my husband is no longer sick, but spent the day at home with us anyhow
- my children
- having gotten 10 weeks of maternity leave
- a huge supply of milk in my freezer
- sweat pants - even though the ones I'm wearing are my husbands
- my Dyson vacuum - yay for clean carpet!
- Collin's growing vocabulary - although today he mimicked his father and stated "that sucks"
- our dishwasher
- a basement big enough to have one end devoted to toys
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Dan spent the entire day hiding in the bedroom to keep from getting anyone else sick. Since he spent the day in our bed, Ronan and I are now camped out downstairs on the air mattress. Dan offered to sleep downstairs, but that would have meant having to wash and change the sheets first, plus, he probably should be closer to the bathroom. Oh well. A little camp out might be fun. I like having my little man snuggled up next to me, though I'll miss having my big man next to me tonight. I'm keeping the faith that eventually my whole family will be well, and that Ronan and I will be able to dodge the sickness.
Amid all the sickness, I would like to point out a few things I am thankful for. I mean, what's the point in dwelling on the negative?
- a sweet baby boy sleeping next to me
- watching Playhouse Disney in surround sound
- Collin using 2 of Ronan's Soothie pacies to make boobies for himself (seriously. he layed on the floor and put 2 of them down his shirt. he stood up and got mad when they fell out. maybe he watches a little too closely as I nurse Ronan?)
- having only 4 weeks left of work
- parents and in-laws who live 5 minutes away
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday Ronan helped me fold laundry
and then became bored and fell asleep.
I am amazed that he will lay on the floor an put himself to sleep. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Tylenol given for his shots.
Dan's brother, Rob, came over that evening to deliver Dan's birthday gift. A surround sound system. Yay for big brothers who love to spend money on others.
I rearranged the basement in preparation for the daycare - though there is still work to be done, and then we headed to my parents house for yet another birthday dinner for Dan. This time we had ribs, cheesey potatoes, macaroni salad and the rest of the devilled eggs.
Collin also got to go swimming.
Ronan put on his suit and looked super cute, but did not get in.Sunday morning we went to church, did some cleaning. Dan re-caulked the bathtub. (the idiots here before us did a horrible job). Went to dinner with Dan's family at Texas Roadhouse for another birthday dinner. Dan and Rob finished setting up the surround sound and rigged some foil and buckets to catch the water spouting into our laundry room. That was a serious amount of rain we got!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Collin at 2 months?
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Happy 2 month birthday baby boy! You've made our lives better in so many ways! I love you!
In "older" news. Today is my amazing husband's 26th birthday. I probably don't proclaim his greatness often enough, so I thought I'd take a moment to share some of the reasons I love him so much (which in our house is the most that you can love someone).
- He's generous
- He's super handsom
- He tells me I'm beautiful
- He's considerate of my feelings
- He spends time with our boys
- Though I have never cared for the sport of wrestling, his passion for the sport and the kids he coaches makes me proud to be a coahes wife
- His sense of humor
- The way he is determined to do whatever it takes to make me being a stay at home mom a reality
- He's an amazing father
- His faithfulness
- He cooks just as often as I do
- He makes up silly songs just because
- He's hard working
- He's intelligent - sometimes I think he knows way too much. Playing against him in trivial persuit just isn't fun for me
- He reads to the boys
- He's still a kid at heart
- He helps me out around the house when I ask him to, and sometimes without me asking
- Have I mentioned what an amazing father he is?
There are so many more reasons why I love him. I could go on all day because I don't think there is a single thing that I don't love about him.
Happy Birthday to my amazing hubby. I love you So Much!
In other news... Ronan pooped!
I wouldn't normally be so excited about a poopy diaper, but the poor kid hadn't pooped since last Thursday. He hadn't really been cranky over the whole situation, but I can already tell that he feels better. Yay for active bowels!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Manny (Handy Manny)
Thursday, April 16, 2009
We made it to mass Easter morning but had to skip the rest of the festivities. In any case, my kids looked adorable.
In other news, Ronan had his first bottle on the 10th.
Only 2 more weeks until I go back to work. Luckily he took to the bottle with no problems. Going back to work this time around should be much easier for 3 reasons. 1. I only have to go back for 4 weeks, 2. I don't have to go back at all next year as I'll be staying home and running a daycare, and 3. I already have a good supply of milk in the freezer so supplamenting won't be needed. (Having all that milk in the freezer makes me feel good about myself. Weird?) and 4. (did I say 3? I meant 4) The team I work with yhis year is awesome and they don't stress me out like I was last year.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
It's really difficult to get pictures of the boys together. That's my hand jumping in to keep Ronan's head from slamming into the ground as Collin gets up.