Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Party Berry Style

So I posted the other day about my goals for the new year, but I forgot to tell you what we actually did to celelbrate the coming of the new year.
Most years we attend a party at some friends' house. It's always good to see everyone and hang out, but this year we decided we wanted something low key with just our family (we did a lot of running around over break).
A couple days before Ronan and I went through my appetizer cook book to pick out some delicous snacks for our evening. We decided that instead of having an actual dinner we would just snack all evening. Healthy I know, but it's one a year.
For our menu Ronan chose:

Chickan Kabobs - chicken with mushrooms and onion and a soy sauce mixture 
Crackers, cheese and sausage (we got a delicious box of the Hickory Farms stuff from some good friends for Christmas, and when they were 50% off we bought another)

 Cracker spread (this is so addictive!)
 And in the crockpot I made BBQ smokies with a pepperoni and a meatball. Delicous!
 The boys enjoyed having a picnic on the floor while watching Smurfs
Then they snuggled in their sleeping bags and watched Kung Fu Panda 2.




 (We used left over pirate plates from Collin's 4th Birthday.)

It was nice to stay at home and have fun with the boys. After they went to bed Dan and I watched a couple more movies and come midnight I was half asleep and didn't even care to open the champagne! Oh well.


No comments: