Monday, June 22, 2009

happy father's day

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because we were busy with daddy time.
Even though I know my husband doesn't read my blog, I wanted to tell the world what an amazing daddy he is. I still can't believe that he's mine. This amazing, caring, funny, clever, smart, fun, tallented, handsom, loving man. My boys are so blessed to have such a wonderful father. He works hard to provide for us, and even at the end of a long day, he finds the energy to play with the boys, help make dinner, and give baths. I love it when I hear the boys giggling from the other room. Dan teaching Collin wrestling moves, and Collin charging and knocking Dan over. Some day he'll understand, but for now, it's more fun to just tackle dadd.
At night before bed Collin likes to watch Backyardigans and Wonder Pets. When the music comes on Collin generally sings along and gets up and dances. At this point, Dan too stands up and dances in circles like the cartoon characters. Collin giggles with delight and then the two of them fall to the floor.
Someday Ronan will get to join in on all the fun too. For now, he enjoys lying on the floor watching the big boys. He loves his daddy, that's obvious. In the way that he stares at him just waiting for daddy to turn his attention to him. And when he does, a huge grin spreads acorss his face followed by two adorable dimples. Daddy is awesome.
He's everything I ever wanted and more.
Thank you, Dan, for always being here for our children. For being a good example. For being the daddy that our children deserve.
We spent Father's Day at home. Just the 4 of us. Collin and daddy did this...

While Ronan did this....

I took pictures, and then cleaned the house...again. It never ends and it's never clean enough. I need a cleaning lady. But first I need lots of money.

1 comment:

Brouillettes said...

isn't it incredible? and we're stay-at-home moms! How does this happen?! Jes recently asked me what I did all day! I told him I clean up everyone's messes...it just never all gets done!