Tuesday, June 2, 2009

growing up

A couple of days ago I ordered new bedding for Collin so that we could move him into a big boy bed. His comforter arrived today, and of course being super excited about it I made my husband change things up as soon as nap time was over.
Here are some pictures of Collin's room before the switch...

The rocking chair is now in Ronan's room. A tight squeeze, but it will keep me from feeding him in bed and then letting him sleep with us the rest of the night. And here are some pictures after...
Notice how Collin isn't wearing pants? That's because the cutie patootie always takes them off at nap time.
We put a step stool next to the bed to make it easier for him to get up and down. He was so excited all day and kept going back to his room play in the bed. At bedtime the 4 of us went to his room and laid in the bed to read a book. Collin was in heaven, until it was time to actually go to bed. Ronan and I got up to leave the room so that Dan could do the final tuck in, and as I started to leave the tears welling up in Collin's eyes about broke my heart. To him this had all been a fun game. So Dan stayed and layed down with him for a while, and when he left the room Collin began to scream. Of course even in his crib he cried for a little while, but tonight it brought about different emotions for me. My poor little man was probably scared and confused and wondering why mommy and daddy were making him sleep in this strange bed. I felt like a bad mommy as I may have been too eager to make the exciting switch.
After about 20 minutes I went back upstairs to listen in, and all was quiet. His bedroom door was open, but we had put a gate in front of it in anticipation of this. After a few minutes I could hear him in there talking (probably to Handy Manny), but he sounded cheerful. Hallelujah! I just can't believe that my little guy has grown up so fast. In just over 2 months he will be 2 years old. Where does the time go?
Here is a picture of Collin just 1 day old. Isn't he just absolutely precious?

No comments: