Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paying attention

Guest post written by my buddy Royce Heath

I think there is a ADT Small house system that is a bit cheaper than some of the systems for larger homes. I am not completely sure, of course. I have not done as much research as I should. My friends have had the security system in their houses for a while now. They have told me all about it before, but honestly I did not pay all that much attention. I have such a bad habit of not listening when something is not super interesting to me. It definitely comes back and bites me in the butt sometimes. I think the last time I was caught not listening, it was actually when a friend was venting about a co-worker. I just stopped listening because I did not want to get stuck and bogged down with negative thoughts. She actually was talking about quitting and I just completely ignored her. I hate to admit that because how do you just not listen to someone venting about quitting his or her job. That is a pretty big deal. Same thing happened when they were talking about home security systems. Might not be as bad to not listen to, but I do sort of wish I had paid more attention.

No comments: