Monday, June 20, 2011

it's new to us

We got a "new" table and chairs the other day.


I say "new" becuase it actually came from a garage sale. My parents are the ones who found it and picked it up. (We're paying them back of course)
It's bigger, and shinier and so much more convenient than our old table.
We can all fit around it with some room to spare.
The only downfall, which is also a plus, is that it's real wood. Having little ones this means we have to be careful not to let water sit on it or it will ruin the table.
So I made some pretty little fabric coasters for us to put our glasses on. They are washable so when my children undoubtedly spill stuff all over them, I can just throw them in the wash.

Notice the adorable little teacup in the middle?

I bought it to hide the boys' wash rags that we use when cleaning up after meals. I hate using paper towels because it's so wasteful so each child gets a washrag that we generally use for the day (unless it's just discusting afte a meal). I rinse it and put it back on their chair to use for the next meal/snack that day. However, since our chairs are wooden now I can't drape the rags over the back anymore. So this cute little thing hides the rags and keeps the table and chairs from getting water rings. Clever? I thought so.


No comments: