Wednesday, October 28, 2009

8 months

Last Friday my sweet Ronan turned 8 months old. It's hard to believe that it has been that long since he was born. (it's even harder to believe that we already have another baby on the way!)
We don't go to the dr. at 8 months, but according to our home scale Ronan weighs right around 18 pounds. Close to what Collin weighed at 1 year.
He has thick, beautiful hair just like his mommy.
He now has 3, almost 4 teeth and is finally starting to eat some solid foods. He is able to handle puffs, cheerios, sweet potatoes, peas (which he hates) and applesauce (which we just started today so hopefully it stays down).
Ronan is crawling like a pro, sitting himself up, pulling to standing, cruising along the furniture, and crawling up the stairs.
The other day I ran upstairs to use the bathroom (I do that a lot these days) and when I came down Ronan was in the laundry basket. He had tried to follow me up the stairs and fell off into the basket. I thought it was funny and ran to grab the camera. I swear he wasn't crying until he saw me and I walked away.
Ronan continues to be a sweet loving little boy, but he is becoming kind of a mama's boy and has gotten somewhat clingy with the other babies around during the week. He has recently started giving awesomely sloppy, wet kisses and is starting to wave.

He also still loves his brother and is in awe of everything he does. I see lots of trouble in their future.

5 comments:

Rylie's Mommy said...

YAY...congrats on the pregnancy!! :) You're already one busy lady but with another one on the way...watch out! LOL! I think we are going to start trying at the end of next year. Hopefully, if it doesn't take us long, Rylie will be just shy of 3 years old when our second child is born. We have plans on me staying at home when we have our second baby and I couldn't be any more thrilled about that!!!! Both your boys are PRECIOUSLY CUTE!

Krista said...

You're pregnant again?! Congrats!! Super exciting. You're going to be a busy Mama! You're very brave! I want a 3rd for sure, but with Garrett being only 7 months old, I can't even begin to imagine having another right now! When are you due?

Unknown said...

We are due June 4th so Ronan and the new baby will be 15 months apart. I'm tired just thinking about it!

Krista said...

Wow! Good luck! That'll be fun having them so close in age, but a lot of work! Hopefully they'll all be super close!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby. It will be fun to have a big close family. Tara Pool