Wednesday, July 1, 2009

3 years


Today marks 3 years since I married my best friend. What an amazing 3 years it's been. I feel like I have known Dan my entire life, but in reality it's only been a little more than 5 years. To think in that short time, we met, fell in love, got married, and had 2 children. Where in the world does the time go? I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband who is willing to do anything for his family. Dan is nothing like what I pictured the man I would marry to be. He's so much more. Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined a man this kind, honest, sincere and loving.

Thank you, my love, for all the good times we've had, and all the wonderful things that are yet to be.
Okay... enough of the mooshy stuff. So since it's our 3rd year the traditional gift is leather. My mom came up with several fun things I could buy my husband made of leather, I however chose a more practical route. Dan likes to wear his sandals everywhere. Even in the winter. Since he also likes to wear them to church, I chose to buy him a nice pair of leather sandals. Comfy, casual and practical. Nothing like the whips my mom suggested.

Dan also chose to go with a more practical route. He bought me a nice leather journal.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to put in my journal yet, but I will find something. Maybe I'll start writing poetry again. I used to write it all the time but quit when Dan and I started dating. Not because he doesn't inspire me. Because I was really good at writing about heartache, and not so much good at writing about true love. I could write about the dream of true love. But when it actually hit me I couldn't put it into words. So maybe I'll try again in my nice, new leather journal.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary, love birds! Gotta admit, though, your Mom was spot on with the whip suggestion. ;)

Stephaniewhite said...

3 years already! I remember your wedding so well! Hannah and I were both preggo with our now 2 year olds...I remember eating lots of yummy snacks :D

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary!

chloe's clan said...

What a happy day. Congratulations! What a neat thing to have my gift arrive to you today of all days! Fun,fun. I am glad you like the items though they are kind of random, they still make up a nice pampering bag. LOL I am doing another contest Wednesday I think so check back. :)