Tuesday, March 31, 2009

dinner and a movie

Last night was a good family night. After a long weekend without Dan, (he was at state wrestling in Topeka) we celebrated the end of wrestling season by ordering pizza and watching a movie together. Since Collin loves to sing and dance we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang which we ordered from Netflix. Dan had never seen the movie before so I made him add it to our que. I mean come on, it's a classic!

In true family fashion we watched our movie while eating our pizza. This was a new experience for Collin but he did really well. We pulled his little table and chairs over and put the splash mat under it. He was so cute munching on his pizza and bouncing up and down to the music. I cut up his pizza like I always do, which he devoured, but he then grabbed a piece of my plate and started chomping away. I guess my baby doesn't need me to cut his food any more.

By the way, it takes 3 times as long to type when you only have one hand to do it with. No I didn't lose a hand, I have a nursing baby attached to one side.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure why "nursing" is now underlined with a link to get a degree in nursing. That's clearly not what I was talking about.

Stephaniewhite said...

One handed typing is quite frustrating, isn't it? I didn't know you needed a degree in nursing ;) lol That would be interesting!

Hannah said...

I'm glad you had a nice family evening after Dan returned home. :) Pizza and a movie is FUN! Not needing pizza cut up is a super cute milestone! What a big boy!

Krister said...

i feel you on the one-handed typing. Im thinking some sort of tiny keyboard and a lot of practice and ill have it down a few kids from now.