Thursday, April 12, 2012

photography

I have always been interested in photography. In college I was actually going to take a photography class but on the first day I arrived and there was a note on the door saying class had been moved to a different time. I wasn't able to make it at that time and ended up dropping the class.
So last week I started taking a photography class at the Maize Rec. It's only a 4 week class, one night a week for 1 hour. Our instructor is a local photographer named Nicholle Goodnight who is super cute, fun and very talented. This class is calle "A Bit Beyond the Basics" so last week we talked about our camera settings and when to use which modes and then looked at some of her photos and took note of lines, the rule of thirds, and lighting. Our assignment last week was to take some photos using lines, shooting vertically and paying attention to the lighting. On Tuesday I took the 2 younger boys to the park while Collin was at school and took some photos to hopefully please the instructor. Here are some of my favorites.
 I love this waterfall. It's hidden back along the trails and is so peaceful.
 It was really difficult to get them both looking at the camera and not looking like total dorks.




 This kid is gonna be a heart breaker.
My instructor e-mailed me back today with positive remarks. Yay! I know I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

No comments: