Tuesday, April 17, 2012

new dress

Saturday afternoon, while waiting for all the tornados to hit, I sat down to my sewing machine to make myself a new outfit for church the next day (I'm crazy like that). I had bought fabric about a month ago with the intentions of making myself a dress, and never got around to it. This seemed like the perfect weekend because Collin was going to be singing with his Sunday School class at church, and then after we had a baptism to attend in which Dan and I were the godparents.
So anyhow, instead of actually making a dress, I decided that a skirt would be easier. In the end it looked exactly like the dress was going to, I just didn't attach the 2 pieces.



Ignore my goofiness. My husband was taking the photos so I had to work it for the camera :)

If I hadn't been so distracted it probably would have only taken about 30 minutes to do. I simply cut to "triangle" pieces for the front and back, sewed them together, created a tube at the top and inserted elastic and then hemmed the bottom. Easy peasy! Then I made a sash to tie around the waist creating a bow int he back that you can barely see. The top of the "dress" is just an old tank top that was too short for me.
I love this and will probably make a few more to twirl around in this summer!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

love it, I was just getting online to look up patterns to make me a dress!