Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Aunt Sue's Sugar Cookies

Last week the boys and I made a batch of my Aunt Sue's Famous Sugar Cookies. For as long as I can remember she has made these cookies for basically every family get together, and they are amazing! When I got married for a wedding gift she gave me a cookie sheet, cookie cutters, a rolling pin and her cookie recipe. I've made them before, but this last time they turned out extra delicious. I don't know if it was because I mixed the dough differently, or if it was my extra sweet helpers.
Dylan and Ronan helped me mix the dough while Collin was at school and after lunch that day the 2 older boys helped me roll the dough and cut out the fun shapes. Once they were all baked and cooled we gathered around the table to frost them with our homemade glaze (another Aunt Sue classic).

We had a lot of fun frosting the cookies...




but the best part was getting to eat them!


I hope to make this a regular tradition with my boys around the holidays.

No comments: