Saturday, September 26, 2009

life with boys

So it's been almost a month since my last post. Time sure flies when you're busy with boys. Not just my boys. My boys plus 2. I watch two other infants during the week, and will soon be getting a toddler. This time, a girl. I look forward to playing dress up during the day :)

Anyhow. As time has flown, my children have grown to be another month older. Collin is now 2 years and 1 month. I know, once they hit 2 the monthly count really doesn't mean much, but to his mommy. It means everything. I can't believe that he is 25 months old. I also can't believe how he seems to get smarter and cuter every day. The kid never ceases to amaze me. He's incredible at putting puzzles together (he's up to doing a 12 piece puzzle on his own) and loves to do look and find books. Actually, the kid loves books in general. "Mommy read. More time please" (as he holds up one finger). I usually cave in and read the book one more time twice. Bedtime, however, has to come at some point. He's an active little boy with a great imagination. He turns flashlights into microphones and rolling pins into baseball bats. My sweet little Collin.
However, being such an active little guy it is nearly impossible to get him to sit still for pictures. Since we are trying to save money, I decided to take pictures of the boys instead of paying someone else to do it. It sounded like a really good plan at the time, but getting Collin to sit for me was not an easy task. So. Here are a couple pictures of him sort of smiling and looking at the camera.
I'm still learning, and I haven't had the chance to edit the pictures yet.

Ronan is now 7 months old and is in. to. everything. I can't believe how quickly he has been hitting milestones. He now has 2 teeth. Is crawling. Sitting himself up. Pulling to standing. And cruising along the furniture. Before we know it he will be walking. Scary thought. He is finally sleeping mostly through the night. We had to start letting him cry at night because he was starting to wake up more frequently again. Now he makes it from about 8:30 until 4:30, sometimes as late as 6. I feed him and he goes back to sleep until about 7:30. It has been wonderful being able to get more sleep, but my body is still used to waking up 3 times so I tend to wake up anyhow.Here is a pictures of my sweet boy just after waking from his nap.My sweet chubby little boy. It's so fun to watch him and Collin play together. Some days we just have giggle fests as Collin jumps around which makes Ronan laugh which makes Collin laugh wich makes Ronan laugh......
Life with boys is sweet.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Amazing little boys you have! I love their pictures. :) You rock as a photographer! Or maybe the subjects are just that adorable... ;) Either way, love them!

It was so good to catch up a little bit the other day! Heaven help you - that's a lot of babies to watch! Good for you, Lady! I'm thinking you could TOTALLY handle triplets next time around...